Monday, January 12, 2009

Novels by Heath Lowrance

Instead of posting a new story today, I've provided "teasers" to my novels. When I say "teasers", I don't mean that they are going to stick their tongues out at you neccesarily, or make fun of the way you walk (they might, I don't know, but I think that would just be childish and cruel). No, I just mean you get a little sample of them.
But you knew what I meant, really.
The Bastard Hand is a psycho noir, in the modern sense, in that the main character may possibly be delusional, and the situations he finds himself in are not the sort of situations most normal people wind up in. It's a weird story about religion, violence, and betrayal.
The Scarab is completely different. It's full-on pulp-flavored occult adventure, with weird monsters, extra-dimensional aliens, and an immortal hero a few cards short of a full deck.
Torch is an espionage adventure that takes place in French Morocco during WWII.
And The Heretics is the one I'm working on currently. It's a hardboiled tale of revenge, spiced up a bit with some weirdness in the form of, not just a serial killer, but a whole coven of them, lurking in the backwoods of Tennessee.

2 comments:

  1. oooh, I'm looking forward to reading The Heretics.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. just read the excerpt. You're bringin' noir to the 21st Century kicking and screaming all the way. Like it should be!

    ReplyDelete