Saturday, January 8, 2011

James Ellroy, nightmare dick.


So I had this dream last night that I was at some public function, sharing a table with James Ellroy.
Scary enough, right?
But then Ellroy starts acting like an asshole. He says to me, “I read that piece of shit you wrote. You suck. You’ll always suck.”
So then I said to him something like, “Oh yeah? Well you haven’t written anything relevant in what, ten years? Maybe twenty?” I didn’t know what I was talking about but there was my pride to consider…
And next thing you know I’m having a fistfight with James Ellroy, and both of us are cursing at each other and pounding away. That’s when I woke up.
Ellroy is, of course, a genius writer who has written some of the most important crime novels of all time. I’m a fan of the guy, I really am. But I’ve also heard that he can be a real douche bag. I don’t know, mind you… it’s just something I heard. For all I know, he could be a swell guy.
But in my dreams, James Ellroy is a dick.

5 comments:

  1. There's nothing like meeting an idol and having your illusions smashed to smithereens! Keeps it real, even in dreams. Of course, there's also some juicy psycho candy to suck on here...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, it's awesome. I'm jealous, I only wish I can have oniria where I pound the crap out of my favorite writers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Heath Lowrence...

    Heath Lowrence said,"Ellroy is, of course, a genius writer who has written some of the most important crime novels of all time. I’m a fan of the guy, I really am. But I’ve also heard that he can be a real douche bag..."

    I don't think that author James Ellroy, is a ------ bag.
    Personally, I feel that he is just "brutally" honest and very opinionated.

    I think that he a man that is dealing with or "fighting" some "inner demons"...I hope that he can "win" the battle. (This is just my opinion, but Of course!...Since, I don't know him personally, my opinion is just based on observation.)
    ...I agree with you, he is a great writer...Just think...L.A Confidential.)
    DeeDee ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's sooo funny, because that's exactly what I've heard about him too. Kind of turned me off to reading him actually. Funny to dream about getting in a fight with him. Bet you'd win.

    ReplyDelete